Car Rental & Rail Lacey Pfalz December 01, 2021
The holidays are here, and with them come family vacations, road trips, get-togethers and other fun travel plans.
It’s also no surprise that some places are just going to be more expensive this year, especially when it comes to car rentals. FinanceBuzz collected data on the 100 most popular holiday cities and destinations across the country to make a list of the most expensive and least expensive cities to rent a car this Christmas season.
Universal Orlando Announces Original Haunted Houses for…
Universal Orlando Resort’s Holidays Celebration Returning…
Tips for Booking Your 2022 Holiday Season Flights
Oktoberfest Returning to Germany With No COVID-Related…
LEGOLAND Resorts Announces Brick-or-Treat Halloween Events,…
Let’s get the bad news over with: the most expensive cities for car rentals are mostly in warmer weather states. In fact, the top three most expensive cities for renting cars this Christmas are in Hawaii!
– Kona, Hawaii – Kona has a daily car rental cost of $195, with a ten-day rental fee of $1,948!
– Lihue, Hawaii – Second place goes to Lihue, with a daily car rental rate of $158.38, for a ten-day rental cost of $1,583.
– Kahului, Hawaii – In third place is Kahului, with a daily car rental rate of $156.55 for a total cost of $1,565 for ten days.
– Fort Myers, Florida – Fourth place goes to Fort Myers, where the daily car rental rate is around $146 for a total of $1,466 for ten days.
– Honolulu, Hawaii – Fifth place goes to another Hawaiian city, Honolulu, where the daily rate is $142 and a ten-day rental costs $1,420.
– Denver, Colorado – Denver takes sixth place, with a daily cost of $114.67 for a grand total of $1,146 for ten days.
– Salt Lake City, Utah – Salt Lake City is the seventh most expensive city in the country for car rentals, with a daily rate of $114 for a total of $1,141 for ten days.
– Chicago, Illinois – Eighth place goes to Chicago, with a daily cost of just under $109 for a ten-day rate of $1,089.
– Minneapolis, Minnesota – Minnesota’s daily rental rate is $107, for a ten-day total of $1,070.
– Baltimore, Maryland – In tenth place is Baltimore, where the daily rental rate is $105.90 and the ten-day total is $1,059.
The least expensive cities for renting cars are typically going to be less tourist-heavy destinations in the winter. Anchorage takes the top spot as the least expensive city in the country to rent a car, while two cities in Washington state take prominent spots.
– Anchorage, Alaska – Anchorage is the cheapest city for car rentals in the country, with a daily cost of just under $49 for a total ten-day rental fee of $484.55.
– Cincinnati, Ohio – In second place is Cincinnati, where travelers can book a car for a daily rate of $51.13 for a ten-day cost of $511.
– Spokane, Washington – Spokane takes third place with a daily rate of just under $55 for a total ten-day cost of $544.56.
– Tulsa, Oklahoma – Tulsa is the fourth cheapest city for renting a car, with a daily rate of $55.62 for a ten-day cost of $556.
– Louisville, Kentucky – Fifth place goes to Louisville, where the daily car rental rate is $58 and the ten-day cost is $582.
– Dallas, Texas – Dallas is in sixth place, with a rental rate of just under $59 for a total cost of $588.
– Norfolk, Virginia – Norfolk’s daily car rental rate is $60.27, with a ten-day total of just under $603.
– Fort Worth, Texas – Fort Worth takes eighth place, where the car rental rates are about $65 and the ten-day total is $651.
– Oakland, California – Oakland takes ninth place, with a daily rate of $67.69 and a ten-day total cost of $676.87.
– Seattle, Washington – Seattle is the tenth cheapest city for renting a car, with a daily rate of just over $68 and a total ten-day cost of $681.51.
Tropical Paradise in Cancun & Punta Cana
Exclusively Ours, Inclusively Yours at ALG Vacations®
Get to Know the New Secrets Impression Moxché
For more information on United States
For more Car Rental & Rail News
More by Lacey Pfalz
Amtrak Launches Flash Sale on Auto Train Fares
Rail Travel and Tourism is Back on Track in Latin America
Lyft Reports Record Earnings for Second Quarter
Amtrak Restores Vermont’s Ethan Allen Express Route
SIXT Offering Car Rental Discounts at Select US Locations
Hotels & Resorts
Travel Is Back So Go Visit Your Friends Patrick Clarke
A Dream Vacation at Oasis Palm Oasis Hotels & Resorts
Meliá Welcomes Gran Meliá Villa Le Blanc Hotel in Menorca Janeen Christoff
The Best Place To Watch the Sunset in Each State Destination & Tourism
The Most Popular Destinations With No COVID-19 Travel Restrictions Destination & Tourism
The 50 Best Barbecue Restaurants in America Entertainment
Flying With Weed: TSA Marijuana Rules Explained Airlines & Airports
Updated Vaccine and Testing Requirements for All Major Cruise Lines Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Copyright © 2022 Northstar Travel Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 100 Lighting Way Secaucus, NJ 07094-3626 USA | Telephone: (201) 902-2000